Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jesus: The Gracious Way


The glove compartment of my car is full, jammed full.  There are no gloves in it, however.  It is full of maps.  We have an Iowa map, an Illinois map, a Minnesota map, an Indiana/Ohio map and a mini map of major US highways.  What we are missing is a Wisconsin map.  We have never yet found a Wisconsin welcome center where maps are available.  Since we visit there often, a state map would be very helpful.  Why all the maps? I don’t want to get lost and those maps are from places we visit often.  Being lost can be a terrifying experience.  A good road map can help avoid it.  That is true on the road.  It is also true in life. 

In life we all start out lost.  We are born in sin and the condemnation that sin brings.  We walk in a way of self-directedness that leaves us wandering in the wilderness of life’s mind boggling choices.  Which way do I go? Which road do I choose?  Is there a shortcut?  Which road brings the greatest happiness?  Which road brings the greatest financial success?  Which road will get me to a hopeful eternity?  Is there a town along this road that will give me comfort in sorrow and pain?  Is there a city where I can live in peace? 

There is a roadmap that points to the Way.  The roadmap is God’s word and the Way is Jesus.  Jesus is “the way, the truth and the life, no man comes onto the Father but by” Him.   Jesus is the city of Hope and Comfort.  He is the city of peace and joy.  He is the road to success that matters.  He is the road that leads to eternal life in heaven.  Jesus is the Way.  That is one of His great names.  Once we believe in Him as the Way, He will guide us along all the roads of life. When we follow we will find all that we are looking for. 

I am The Way, the Savior said, The Way to life indeed,

I am The Way that you will find in life all that you need.

 

I am The Way the Savior said, The Way to peace and joy,

I am The Way to heaven above if faith you will employ.

 

Come, followMe, the Savior said, to find the way of rest,

Come through This Way, the Father know, and be forever blest. 

(Metric: Common Meter   Tunes: Amazing Grace, Joy to the World, Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee)
 
 
 
Visit my website, www.davidccraig.net, for inspiring Christian books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment