Friday, December 27, 2013

A Brief Look Back


The world is getting ready to say goodbye to 2013.  Some are happy to see it go; some aren’t.  For me it has been a year of great new beginnings.  This daily devotion first appeared in April.  Since then it has been read daily by people around the world.  I trust you have been blessed by reading it.  Please share it with your friends and church family so they can receive this blessing as well. 
In the fall this devotion was picked up by FEBC, a worldwide missionary board, and added to the blog site on their website.  Since my goal has been to minister to the Church as God provides opportunities, I appreciate this expanded opportunity.  Three times my beloved bride and I tried to go overseas as missionaries and three times God closed the door shut quite tightly against that move.  Now to be able to help reach the world for Christ in this way is a great joy. 
This year also saw the publication of my first three books.  The comments I have received from this ministry to Christ’s Church have been very encouraging.  The books are specifically designed to edify, encourage and exhort God’s people.  I call them collectively “Books from a Pastor’s Heart”.  They have given me a wonderful opportunity to meet more believers and assist them in both their personal and church ministries.  The joy of service this year has been wonderful.  My dear bride and I love the Church and have spent years serving in it.  We look forward to all the expansion God may provide for us in the coming year.  We look forward to you all being an ongoing part of it. 
This wonderful hymn by Charles Gabriel reflects the joys and struggles of the Church past and the great expectations of the Church future. “O Church of God Triumphant”
“O Church of God, triumphant, o’er human doubts and fears, Which in the faith of ages comes marching thro’ the years; Baptized with blood of martyrs, with conflicts dearly won,
Beset with persecutions, yet ever marching on.”

Refrain
O Church of God, triumphant, with conflicts dearly won, beset with persecution,
Yet ever marching on.

“With backward look we see thee, thy scattered members few; We see thee struggling ever their courage to renew; Strong amid tribulation, uprising from each fall, We see thee marching onward triumphant over all.”

The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen

You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment