Thursday, June 12, 2014

Creation: Day of Rest: Day Seven


The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.” Mark 2:27 NKJV
If you are a parent then you have heard this over and over again, “But I don’t want to go to bed; I’m not tired.” We know that our children need proper rest to be healthy and so we make sure they do go to bed. But then we turn right around and ignore the same rule for ourselves. Our mantra is, “I’ve just got too many things to do so I can’t rest.” We have a loving heavenly Father who knows best, however. He said, “Six days you shall labor and on the seventh day you shall rest.”
Why do we make our two year olds take a nap? Why do we make our ten year olds go to bed at a decent hour? We do it for them because we love them. The bed isn’t their master; it’s there to serve their need. The Sabbath isn’t our master. God didn’t intend us to be slaves to a day and suffer from it. God made the command to take a day off from the hecticness of life so that we could be re-energized and have special time of fellowship with Him. Let’s look at our children’s tired eyes and then at our busy schedules and remember that God knows best – we need rest.

Dear Father, Thank you for creating a day of rest for me. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy the Gospel dog blog, “The Gospel According to Molly”, and the Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe” both found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment