Wednesday, November 12, 2014

No, Never Alone

Lessons in Psalms: 8
For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.” Psalm 9:10
What were Jesus’ last words to His followers who were gathered in Matthew 28? His last words were, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” What absolute comfort we can draw from this promise. What great hope it gives to us in times of trial. What assurance of His love is provided for all who believe what He says! He said simply, “Don’t despair, I’m there.”
Psalm 139 amplifies this theme. David says, “Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?” He answered his own question with this statement of certainty. If I go to heaven, you are there. If I go to the pit of Sheol, you are there. If I could find the start of the morning, you are there. If I hide in the mountains or the depth of the ocean, you are there. If I try to find the darkest darkness, you are there.
Beloved, we encounter many times in our lives when we feel very alone. It can be sickness, death of a loved one, financial disaster, loss of home or the torment of depression. But God is there. He promised to be there and God cannot break His promises. Hebrews sums it up so well, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” We can know with absolute assurance this great truth. If we know Christ as our Savior, then where we are He is there also.

Dear Father, Thank You for the comfort of Your promise to always be with us not just in life but onto the farthest extent of eternity. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
If you don’t already subscribe to this blog, you can do so and receive it each day M-F by choosing the Abundant Grace section on my website and signing up for free delivery every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment