Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What Are You Praying For, And Why??

Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD.” I Sam. 1:28
We all pray for things; Hannah did, too. What do we want to do with the things we pray for? James suggests that much of what we pray for is so that we can spend it on our own pleasure. We pray too often with a give me, give me approach. Hannah prayed too; give me a son. But what she did with the son she was given is a revelation of what we are to do with what we want.
Hannah took her son, her only son, the son that had justified her in the community as not being barren, the son that had stopped the mouth of her rival, the son she so desperately wanted for herself; she took that son and gave him to the Lord. If what we pray for can’t be used for God, why are we asking for it? God gave Hannah the greatest gift ever and she gave it back with joy.

Dear Father, Let me seek what I can best use for You. Amen.




Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and signing up for regular delivery to your email account. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group. 


No comments:

Post a Comment