Tuesday, March 21, 2017

But Deliver Us From Evil

“The Lord is my refuge and my fortress” Psalm 91:2
The wealthy and prominent often spend vast amounts of money on security.  We live in an evil world and they know that they are targets.  Good security is expensive.  God has promised us security in Him.  That is a gift of immeasurable value. We need His security because we live in an evil world with the very prince of darkness as our chief foe.  Satan is described for us as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  He has been described as the chief thief and the murderer of body and soul.  God says our only hope against this adversary is God Himself.
I was doing a ride along with a friend of mine who was a police officer. We went on a call to a home with a vicious dog.  As we approached the house I stood behind my friend.  He was much bigger than I and he had a gun.  It was assumed that such protection might be needed.  God is much bigger than my friend.  He alone can deliver us from the evil one.

Precious Father, Help me to confidently stand firmly in the shadow of Thy protection. Amen.  


For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment