Saturday, April 8, 2017

For Thou Art With Me

For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5 NKJV
When I was in college one instructor was intent on breaking down the convictions of those in the class who held to the value of life or a deep sense of morality. She would create a scenario in which we had to choose between holding to God’s word and compromising because of circumstances. At the start the class was divided about 2 to 1 in favor of making the compromise. The instructor kept adding additional circumstances to break down the will of those standing on the side of truth. Near the end there were only two of us left on the side of no compromise. Then there was only me.
I admit that it was always easier when there was someone with me. When the last person left me to stand alone I really did feel alone. But then the still small voice of the Shepherd said, “I am with you. I will never leave you alone.” With Christ as our Good Shepherd we can always be assured that we are never alone. He cares for His sheep and stays with the flock in all circumstances.

Precious Shepherd, Thank you for never leaving me alone. Strengthen me with that assurance each day.  Amen.  


  The  Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment