Tuesday, May 23, 2017

No Graven Images

And My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images.” Isaiah 42:8 NKJV
On my desk and on the wall above my desk I have six pictures of my wife from her childhood onward. When I can find two more small frames just the right size, it will be eight pictures. I love my wife. I don’t have pictures of beautiful starlets or glamorous singers on or above my desk. I don’t have a picture of the neighbor lady there either. I took a vow to cleave only unto my wife and she rather expects that I will honor her by keeping that vow.
It should not be strange then that our Savior, who is a jealous God, should desire that we honor Him by keeping or vows of fidelity. The world did not save us. The entertainment industry did not die for our sins. The recreation industry did not call us to eternal life. The commercial industry did not say, “Let not your hearts be troubled.” Nature did not rise again from the dead for our justification. Sadly we give them the worship and time that belong to our Espoused Bridegroom. He calls us to fidelity and not to the worship of the world’s graven images.

Our Lord and God, May Your love fill all my vision and desire. Amen. 


For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment