Friday, May 4, 2018

Saints?

     “Jude, to them that are sanctified by God the Father.” Jude 1
     Sanctified means made pure by God, made into a saint. Are you a saint? If you have believed in Jesus Christ as your Savior, the answer is “yes”. Are you saintly? Well, I don’t know. I do know about myself and it doesn’t seem that I am what others would call a saint. I am flawed. I still sin (a lot). I don’t have a halo and I don’t live a quiet and separated and contemplative life. Aren’t saints supposed to be or do all those things? NO! They are not.
     Saints are flawed sinners. Saints get angry when they shouldn’t. Saints get frustrated when they should be trusting God. Saints are people who know and love Christ. Sometimes we will find them doing remarkable things, but not always. The only perfect person ever was Jesus Christ. The rest of us are supposed to daily seek to follow Him and remember that He is there to forgive our sins when we fail. We should strive, however, to magnify Christ in our lives.
     Dear Father, Help me to be a representative saint for Jesus. Amen  

  The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen


 
For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment