Friday, April 11, 2014

I Will Dwell in the House of the Lord Forever



I go to prepare a place for you and I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am there you may be also.” John 14:3 NKJV
Our confidence in the Good Shepherd is not merely temporal hope. We do not hope in Him for this life only. If we did, Paul said, we would of all men be the most pitiable. Christ is risen from the dead! Alleluia! Since He lives we too shall live. We shall not just live, but we will live with Him forever. This glorious and blessed hope was that of Job as he went through the great trials of his life. He said, “And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God.” This was the hope of David who looked forward to dwelling in God’s house forever.
This hope helps to lift us beyond what happens to us every day on earth. Hebrews eleven gives us the Hall of Fame of the Faith. It records what the saints of old endured for the hope that David spoke of in this psalm. This earth is not our final home. We cannot keep what we have here but we will be kept by Who we have here. Jesus Christ, our certainty and hope, will keep us with Himself unto life everlasting. Amen.

Precious Shepherd, Thank You for the blessed hope of eternity with You. Amen.

The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy my new Gospel dog blog, The Gospel According to Molly Blog and my new Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe: An Alzheimer’s Blog” found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment