Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Jesus: The True Vine


I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5 NKJV
I like grapes. I like grape juice. I grow grapes because I like them and make them into grape juice because I like it. Grapes do not just appear along my fence all by themselves. They appear on the vine. The vine is necessary for grapes. No one would ever debate that. But we do often debate whether we can do enough good works to please God. Good works would be grapes. We can’t grow grapes without a vine.
Jesus said that He is the Vine. Our grapes are produced only because we are attached to that Vine. The good works that we do, works that glorify God, demonstrate His grace and love, and obey Him from a glad heart, all come because we are attached to the True Vine. (John 15:1) Jesus said that if we are attached to that True Vine then we will produce fruit. Jesus is the Light and wants us to let our lights shine so that people glorify our Father who is in heaven. In the same way Jesus wants to let the fluid of the Holy Spirit move from the Vine to the branches so that we bear fruit for the glory of God.
Dear Father, Thank You for giving us the means to glorify You. Amen


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net

You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment