Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Week-long Psalm

Lessons from Psalms: 14
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” Psalm 18:2
Of course, since the prosperity gospel preachers are really telling the truth, we really don’t need this verse of great promises. But since they are not telling the truth and are false teachers who wound many souls, then we all need every single promise from Psalm 18:2. This could be called the “week-long psalm” because it contains security for every day of the week. There are seven powerful assurances of God’s care for His children.
When the waves of life beat against us we have a rock that will not move. When Satan sends his forces against us we have a fortress that cannot be assailed. When we become captive to our own lust we have a deliverer who will set us free. When we are weak we have the God who is strong. When we are in doubt we have someone we can absolutely trust. When we face a direct assault from our adversary we have a shield that cannot be bent or broken. When we are lost and hopeless Christ points us to His cross and says I am the way of salvation. When panic overtakes our feeble ability to cope with life, He is the panic room where we are safe. This is our God who is able to keep that which we have committed unto Him against that day.

Dear Father, Thank You for being our sure support and defense every single day. Amen. 



You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
If you don’t already subscribe to this blog, you can do so and receive it each day M-F by choosing the Abundant Grace section on my website and signing up for free delivery every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment