Tuesday, March 15, 2016

What are we thinking?

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways says the Lord.”
Isaiah 55:8
What is God thinking!? Mankind often asks that question. “If I were  God, I would do things right.” Too many people have that wrong assumption. “Why doesn’t God just end all the wickedness?” That is also a commonly asked question. The answer God gives is “My thoughts are not your thoughts.” If He were to tell us what’s going on, we wouldn’t understand anyway. God adds to today’s verse by saying, “My thoughts are higher than your thoughts.”
Job tried to argue with God and question what He was doing. God’s reply was simple. “Were you there when I formed the earth and sky? Can you control the motion of the stars and rule over the mighty beasts of the earth? Do you know the thoughts and heart of men?” Job admitted his deficiency in all these areas and so must we. So, what is God doing? We can’t know it all. What we can know is that He is good and have faith in Him.
Dear Father, You alone are wise. Increase our faith. Amen.


Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find book publishing opportunities with Quality Christian Books plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment