Thursday, January 25, 2018

Whose Slave?

Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves.” Romans 6:16
If I drive a Pepsi truck I will wear a Pepsi shirt. In their truck and in their shirt I have submitted myself to their control. I am their slave. I cannot drink Coke. It would be ridiculous to do so. I am not Coke’s slave. This is how it is with Christ. We are baptized into Christ (Rom. 6:6) and that mark of baptism now signifies us as His slave. If we are Christ’s slave, we are not to be the devil’s slave.  
That we will still sin is a given. We still possess our flesh and we will still give into it. But, we are not supposed to think, “Oh, I think I want to go and sin today. I don’t want to obey my new Master.” No, we are not supposed to plan and scheme to sin. We will do enough of it by our own nature. We are Christ’s, and we are to live as slaves to His righteousness.
Dear Father, I confess that I sin, please forgive me and keep my mind steadfast on living for Christ. Amen.



For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment