Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I Believe in God the Father Almighty


And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty” Exodus 6:3 KJV
The oldest regularly used confession in Christendom is the Apostles’ Creed. It boldly sets forth the Christian statement of faith. Everyone believes in something, even the atheist. A person’s god may be education, government, social causes, finance, evolution, immorality or as many possibilities as there are people. They would articulate that they believe those things are what drives their lives, makes them happy and are the foundation they can rest upon. The Christian says, “I believe in God the Father Almighty.”
The word believe means that “I have placed my faith in”. There are many other things in the world around us that captivate our time and attention. But for the Christian their faith in God surpasses all the other affairs of life when it comes down to where we will lay our head at night. We trust in the One who is Almighty. We trust in the One who can do all things and do them well. We trust in His integrity, His promises, His presence and His Gospel. This confession has stated the simple fact of faith for nearly two millennia, and continues to resonate today with all the peace and joy it declares.

Thank You, Almighty God, that You really are all You are cracked up to be. Amen.


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy my new Gospel dog blog, The Gospel According to Molly Blog and my new Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe: An Alzheimer’s Blog” found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment