Thursday, May 8, 2014

Be Ready


Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” 1 Peter 3:15 NIV
I drive an Oldsmobile. They aren’t even made anymore. If I am asked why I drive this car I can answer simply, “It is a great road car, gets good mileage and has a bench front seat so that my bride can still sit next to me.” That is a simple and straight forward answer. We can give answers like that for many of the things we do. For our faith we need to have a similar answer.
Therein is the value of the Creed. Each section of the Creed says what we believe and gives testimony to why we believe it. I believe in God because you just have to look around and know that it cannot all be possible by chance. He made it. I believe in Jesus because He has given me new life by His death and resurrection. He is not a myth but a real historical person with countless eyewitnesses who can testify to everything in the Creed. I believe in the Holy Ghost because I believe in the Father and the Son and they both promised Him to me. The Creed is a simple way to be ready to give an answer for faith.

Precious Father, Thank You for giving me truth and the Holy Spirit’s power to tell it. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy the Gospel dog blog, “The Gospel According to Molly”, and the Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe” both found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment