Monday, May 12, 2014

The Voluntary Servant


But if the servant plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free’.” Exodus 21:5 NKJV
The hardest thing for any organization to recruit is volunteers. The cause may be greatly loved, the work admired, the goals agreed with, but finding volunteers is not an easy job. Many people love the Name of Christ. They applaud His death for sinners. They admire the sacrifices made by those who proclaim Him daily and they agree that all men should know Christ. But, they just don’t want to be on the volunteer list to get those goals met.
Jesus, like any famous person or master, has both followers and volunteers. Many seek to hear the “tweets” of what He is doing. They like to catch up on sermons when they can. Then there are the volunteers. They so love the work of Christ, so love His salvation, so love the family of God that they say, “I will stay and serve”. Like the servant in the Old Testament they want to bear in their body the mark of servanthood to the beloved Master. They volunteer to stay and labor for Him who has blessed them with His care and given them a family to love. Jesus is looking for just such a group of willing volunteers.

Precious Savior, Thank You for volunteering Your death for my salvation. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy the Gospel dog blog, “The Gospel According to Molly”, and the Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe” both found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment