Thursday, July 3, 2014

Holy Spirit: Guide


However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth.”    John 16:13 NKJV
I am an avid hiker. Give me a trail and I will likely follow it. The other day my grandson said, “Grandpa, where does that trail go?” I didn’t know so we took it to find out. That’s day’s lesson was not to follow all trails. Many State of Iowa parks and forests trails are like that. They are poorly marked. On one hiking trip my wife and I got lost in the state forest. No trails were marked, but there were thirty of them. As the sun was setting behind the hills we came to a paved road through the forest. Our car, thankfully, was just around the next bend. That wasn’t planned, by the way.
Life can be like that. Many things are thrown at us. Take this trail to happiness. Take this path to find meaning in life. Try this meandering trail through the forest of doom to find true peace. Unfortunately, those trails won’t end up just around the bend from the safety of your car and home. But, what if we had a guide on those trails? Then we would always get where we were going. In this life we have the Holy Spirit to guide us. He will take God’s word and make it alive and real to us. He is the One who will use it to guide our lives into true happiness, meaning, peace and truth. Ask Him each day to be actively guiding in your life.

Dear Father, Thank You for giving us such a perfect guide as Your Holy Spirit. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy the Gospel dog blog, “The Gospel According to Molly”, and the Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe” both found on my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment