Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Seven Churches: Pergamos


Abstain from every form of evil.” 1 Thessalonians 5:22 NKJV
I hear this from many people today, “Jesus only cares that I believe in Him. He doesn’t care if I am living with my girlfriend. Solomon had many wives and God didn’t care. These rules of old fashioned morality are not for our enlightened generation.” I actually hear that from people in the ministry. If that nonsense makes you fighting mad, you are in the good company of Jesus.
Pergamos was another church which had sound doctrine. They held fast to the Name of Jesus and performed works of love to their community. What they also did, however, was abandon moral purity. Jesus was not pleased. Indeed, Jesus said that if they didn’t repent He would fight against them. That is fighting mad if there ever was. The response I have too often received to my book, Deceived: The Visible Church and the Homosexual Agenda, has been very much as if I were speaking in Pergamos. The church needs the book as certainly as they did in that ancient city. Yes, they rebelled against Christ and He shut them down.

Dear Father, Help us to be aware that You are a holy God and look for holiness in Your people. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment