Monday, August 18, 2014

From Nothing

Lessons from Genesis – 1
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator.” Isaiah 43:15 KJV
I like to build things. I am no expert and I wouldn’t win any woodworking awards, but I do like to build things. There is something about the things that I build that is very important. I start with material to do so. The lumber yard and hardware store provide me with everything but manpower to do the job. There is a second thing about what I build. When I am done I say, quite honestly, it is utile. I don’t brag a lot about it being good but it is good enough for what I want it for. That is what I build.
What we learn from Genesis is that God is greater than you or I. Now, you may be an expert builder and what you make is truly good. It may even win an award or be an item in great demand by others. But is it perfect? What did you make it from? You had to start with something and most craftsmen can see the flaws in their work even if others don’t. Genesis teaches us not to think more highly of ourselves than we ought, but to give all glory to God who alone makes things from nothing and does it all perfectly.

Dear Father, You indeed are the Almighty God, the perfect Creator. Help me to humbly acknowledge Your glory every day. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment