Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Full of Grace and Truth

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
What does grace look like? Grace is an idea; can it have a valid picture to represent it? Yes, Jesus Christ is the picture of grace. If I want to show someone a picture of my children I can open my wallet and say, “Here, look at my children.” If I want to show someone a picture of grace I can open God’s Word and turn to any story of Jesus Christ and say “Look, here is grace.” Truth is another idea with the same image. Pilate asked Jesus, “What is truth?” The truth was that Truth was right in front of Him. Jesus is the perfect picture of truth.
But is there another picture of grace and truth? Yes, it is to be seen in the followers of Jesus. We are Christians, little Christs. We are to be the reflection of our Lord. We are to show His grace to others so that they might see Him. We are to demonstrate His truth to others so that they might see Him. Jesus told us to let our lights shine. Our lights are simply to be reflections of His light. Our lives are to be the book of Christ that is known and read by all men. Let us let our lights shine so that the world can see and glorify the Father and the Son.

Dear Father, Help me each day to keep the light of Jesus shining brightly in my life. Amen.    



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and signing up for regular delivery to your email account. Subscription is for Abundant Grace only and will not result in other unwanted email spam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment