Friday, December 12, 2014

What is Your Memory of Greatest Joy?

And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord; it shall rejoice in His salvation.” Ps. 35:9
When we think back on the joyful days of our lives, what do we most often think of? I remember the joyful day I met my wife and then the joyful day we were married. We have six children who all came on joyful days and twelve grandchildren who did, too. I remember when my first book was published. I wanted to jump for joy, and maybe I even did. Everyone has joyful days to remember. They may be work related, or getting to retire from work. They may be sports related; whether it be a personal highlight or a favorite team’s victory. Lots of things can make us jump for joy.
David calls for us to take a deeper look at joy. While they have been few, there have been a few un-joyful days with my beloved spouse and a few more with our children. Joy in the home is not permanent. Our job that we so desired to get may end up in great disappointment, and our team may have a losing season every year after their winning one. Earthly joys are all impermanent. But the joy of our salvation, that is different. There is always the certainty of God. He never changes. There are always His promises. They never change. The day we were saved should register first in our memories of joyful days and be quickly on our lips when others ask about our most joyful day. That is truly rejoicing in His salvation.

Dear Father, Thank You for the joyful day that You made me Yours. Help me to always think of that joy and express that joyful day to others. Amen.



                                                The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment