Friday, July 31, 2015

The Blessed House of God

Let us arise and go up to Bethel.” Genesis 35:3
The psalmist said, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord {Bethel}’.” Another psalmist said, “I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.” Still a different psalmist said, “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.” Bethel is the place where God had met with Jacob as he was running away from home. Now God was calling Jacob to go back to where he had first met with God.
God wants to constantly direct our steps to where we met Him and remember there the care and promises He has for us. Where we met Him was at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. There we knelt in humble faith believing God was big enough to forgive our sins and save us. It is there where He reminds us He is also big enough to keep those He has saved. We all need to have many trips to Bethel.

Dear Father, Help me stay close to the promises of the cross. Amen.  



The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen




Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book.
Visit us on Facebook at David Craig’s Books  

No comments:

Post a Comment