Monday, August 3, 2015

Planning for a Permanent Address

The kings who reigned in the land . . . Bela . . . and when Bela died” Genesis 36:31-33
As a child I remember singing the chorus, “This world is not my home, I’m just a passin’ through”. I didn’t like the song actually. It was too focused, I thought, on the temporary nature of our existence. I wanted something permanent and this song defied my desire. But like it or not, the song is true, this world is only a temporary stop over before eternity.
We humans like to think of ourselves permanent. We build things to insure our permanent condition. Ancient kings would build monuments to extol their power and remind their subjects just how great the king was. But the king, like everyone else, died. After death there is a fixed permanence. We will spend eternity somewhere. The chorus that bothered me reminded me, however, that I could put my treasures where permanence was real. Jesus charged us to prepare for our permanent home with more effort than our temporary one.

Dear Father, Help me be mindful of and preparing for my permanent home with you. Amen.



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book.
Visit us on Facebook at David Craig’s Books   

1 comment:

  1. Satan has deceived the whole world into worshiping the wrong father John 8:44, Rev 12:9, and I prove it by the word of God Acts 3:23.

    Our true Father will not put any child of his into a hell fire as torture or as a second death no matter what their sins, whether they repent or not 1 John 2:2 in this life. That thought has never entered God's heart or mind Jer 7:31, Jer 19:5, Isa 28:18. God has an eternal place planned for all of his children, according to their works Rev 20:12-13, Ezek 37:26 of how they have treated their neighbor as themselves. Only those living by every word of God (love) will be allowed inside the walls of his coming city Rev 21.

    The Bible is the book of the knowledge of good and evil. How to understand its secrets is now revealed on God's raised prophet's blog "The Good Tale". This is God's story, only God is good.

    Now you can know your true Father's 1 John 4:8 everlasting Gospel that turns the hearts of the father's to the children Luke 1:17 from the wilderness Rev 12:5-6, Jer 31:22, Isa 14:16-17, Rev 12:17 as a witness to the world Matt 24:14.

    Only the wise will hear Pro 1:5 and understand Dan 12:10 because only the wise will hear all things Acts 3:22.

    Anyone believing or teaching the lies that Satan has deceived the whole world with will NOT be allowed Rev 22:14-15 inside the walls of the New Jerusalem Rev 21:2 in the coming kingdom of God Acts 3:23.

    ReplyDelete