Wednesday, December 30, 2015

"I AM" "I Have" "I will"

I Am, I have, I will.” Isaiah 41 (20 times)
One of my favorite Bible studies is on the “I Have”, “I AM”, and “I Will” passages in Isaiah. As we enter a new year we can have these truths brought home to us in new ways. Who has God been to us in the past and what has He done for us in the past. He made us. He sent His Son to die on the cross to save us. He has given us His Holy Spirit. Those are just a sampling of His work from the past. Then we ask who is He to us today? That list would require reading the entire Old and New Testaments.
Finally we ask, based on what He has done and who He is, what He will do for us in the year ahead. The “I will’s” of Isaiah are more than double all the “I Have” and “I AM” statements. That is what is ahead for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. That is what we can expect in the new year and forever.

Dear Father, Thank You for Your abundant “I Will” promises. Amen 



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book. Visit us at www.qualitychristianbooks.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment