Thursday, March 17, 2016

Outcasts Welcome

“Even then will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer.” Isaiah 56:7
Have you ever felt yourself an outcast from anyone, any group, or even from God? Abandoned, lost, alone, forgotten? God gave this message to Isaiah for him to pass along to the outcasts of the world. Can God who is almighty really understand what it’s like to be alone, outcast, and abandoned?
Listen to Jesus on the cross, “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?” Listen to Jesus in the garden, “Could none of you watch and pray with me?” Listen to Jesus in the upper room. “All of you will abandon me tonight.” When Jesus promises to understand and welcome the outsider, the lonely, the abandoned, He can. He will receive all who come to Him and give them a home with Him. With Him we are nevermore alone. He gathers us to Him and gives us great joy.

Dear Father, thank you for your understanding and care for the lonely and outcast. Amen


Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find book publishing opportunities with Quality Christian Books plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment