Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sounds Easy

“Thus says the Lord, keep judgment, and do justice.” Isaiah 56:1
This seems easy – keep the law and be kind to other people. Easy? Right! When I married my beloved wife I solemnly promised to love her every day until I die. Well, I do love her. Have I always, however, loved her like I love myself? No. Oops, I’m not always kind, considerate, and caring in displaying my love for others. OK, I’m human and as such I fail the “be kind to others” responsibility.
How about keeping the law? Well, we don’t want to talk about that. That’s why we have confession. We are honest with God and He forgives us. So what do we do? We come to the One, Jesus Christ, who has always obeyed the law and was just in all His dealings. Through faith in Christ we put on His righteousness and are seen in His perfection before God. Through His shed blood alone do we keep judgment and do justice.

Dear Father, Thank you for accepting Christ’s righteousness on our behalf. Amen. 



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find book publishing opportunities with Quality Christian Books plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment