Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Holy Spirit: Fire


They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.” Acts 2:3 NIV
I am not a pyromaniac. I am not fascinated with fire. My job as an early teen was to reduce the week’s garbage from a large pile of waste to a small pile of ash in the old burn barrel. While it was a warming activity on a cold winter day, it was still not a chore I relished. Whether I liked it or not, however, the fire did its job. Fire can do a fine job or it can do great destruction. The intent and care with which it is used will determine the outcome.
Fire is used to remove the dross from the gold. It makes something of great value from something of little value. God’s refining fire of the Holy Spirit is designed to remove the dross from our lives. He purifies us for Himself that we might shine with the brilliance of fine gold in the bright light of His countenance. Refined and readied by the Holy Spirit we become the fine ornament of His grace that will attract the world to the God of salvation.

Dear Father, Thank You for the refiner’s fire. Let me gladly shed the dross and shine for You. Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy the Gospel dog blog, “The Gospel According to Molly”, and the Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe” both found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment