Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Not Ashamed of Christ

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.” Romans 1:16
Young people can be very sensitive about their home life. If it is not, in their opinion, a happy home, they may never bring their friends there. I had such a friend in high school. He would take me to his house IF he thought his mother would not be home. One day she came home and I found out why he was ashamed.
Jesus Christ is our Home. He is our Head. He is our Hope. He is our Healing. Nothing He has ever done could possibly make us ashamed of Him. And yet too many people treat Him like my high school friend treated his home. Not being ashamed doesn’t have to mean just going door to door and handing out tracts, though it could. Not being ashamed means that the Name of Jesus is easily on our lips and a defense of Him is ready at all times to come from our mouths. We could all be a little more proud of our parentage.

Dear Father, Thank You for giving me Christ and making me Yours. May I never be ashamed! Amen. 



You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
If you don’t already subscribe to this blog, you can do so and receive it each day M-F by choosing the Abundant Grace section on my website and signing up for free delivery every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment