Friday, May 22, 2015

A Time of Celebration: Rejoice with those who rejoice

     Today I want to wish my bride happy anniversary. 40 years ago this coming Sunday we will celebrate our anniversary. I graduated from college on 5/17 and we were married on 5/24/75.
     Ten years ago someone asked me how many years we had been married and I said 30. Then they asked me how many years I'd been happily married. I said 30, less a few weeks when I was acting like a baby.
     This year I celebrated 43 years of being a child of God. He wonderfully opened my eyes to His grace in 1972, and accepted this miserable lost sinner as His child. How many years have I happily been His child? Most of those years I have been, and when I haven't been it hasn't been His fault. 
     When we got married, Jacque and I figured that we could be married 75 years and still be in fairly good health. That might have been the optimism of youth, but we are still working on finishing that goal. When Christ saved me he offered me a much longer relationship. He offered me eternal life, a life never ending with Him. Jacque and I may or may not get to our 75th anniversary. I rather hope we do, I do love her and enjoy her companionship. But I know that I will get to the anniversary of eternity with Christ because He promised I would, and He is able to keep all His promises. 
     So, happy anniversary my dearly beloved bride. Forty years have been a joyous time together. Happy anniversary my dearly beloved Savior. Eternity will be a joyous time together. 

We said "I do" and made great plans,
He said, "I did" and took my hand,
We've gone along the path of life
He my Savior, you my wife,
Fond memories of forty years, 
Of life and joy and life and tears,
Fond promises still lie ahead,
Of joy with you while life shall last,
Eternal joy when life is past. 


The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and sign up for regular delivery to your email account. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.
Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment