Thursday, September 3, 2015

Assurance Through God's Presence

Then God spoke to Jacob, ‘I will go down with you to Egypt’.” Genesis 46:3-4
 Years before Jacob was born there had been a famine in the land of Canaan. God had warned his father not to go down into Egypt to escape it. Now Jacob was being called by Joseph to go down into Egypt. With all his desire to see his son, this departure from the land of promise must have been very hard for him. God wanted to assure Jacob that going to Egypt was the right thing to do.
Change is difficult, sometimes very difficult. We fear and fret over making decisions that involve change as if our setting or our things dictate our security. God said to Jacob, “I will go down to Egypt with you.” He wanted to assure Jacob that who he had with him was more important than where he was. Jesus said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” That is His promise that should help us adjust more easily to earthly changes that come our way.

Dear Father, Help me to find my true security in Your presence with me. Amen.



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book.
Visit us on Facebook at David Craig’s Books   

No comments:

Post a Comment