Thursday, August 31, 2017

Chip Off the Old Block

Lessons from Genesis – 4
And Adam begat a son in his own likeness, after his image.” Genesis 5:3 KJV
In my book “Deceived: The Visible Church and the Homosexual Agenda”, I deal with a major misconception made by sinful man. The argument is, “God made me and He said that everything He made was very good.” That is a true statement abused by liars. That statement means that whatever I do must be OK because God made me and I am good. If I wish to live a homosexual lifestyle, well, God made me and so it is good to do so. People can use this excuse for any and every “life style” choice they wish. But it is a lie.
Genesis teaches us that order is important. God said that everything was good at the time of creation, but it also teaches us that creation, including man, was cursed after sin. Now the image that man carries is marred. Adam begot his sons after his image. That image is one that was ruined by the fall and contained all the seed of all the sin of all mankind ever since. Jesus Christ, born in the flesh as the very Son of God was alone sinless of all mankind. He taught us that we are corrupt and need a Savior. That is the truth that has been promised since the first sin in the Garden of Eden. We are made like Adam and not perfect like God.
Dear Father, I confess that I am a sinner by birth and by practice. Thank You for Your Son Jesus Christ who has died to make me again right with You. Amen.

You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net.

If you don’t already subscribe to this blog, you can do so and receive it each day M-F by choosing the Abundant Grace section on my website and signing up for free delivery each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment