Monday, April 2, 2018

Focus Is Important


Let your eyes be on the field which they ‘my workers’ reap.” Ruth 2:9
Is staying focused hard for you? It is often hard for me. Constant demands, the needs of the day or the needs of the job, beckon me to distraction. I find myself often saying, “Now, where was I?” Ruth had to provide food for her mother and herself. She might have noticed that reapers in other fields weren’t as conscientious as the servants of Boaz. They might have been sloppy in their work and dropping lots of barley, and she saw a bigger prize, more food, in another field. But Boaz said, “Don’t look over there, stay focused.”
The world has many allurements. They appear in all places in all designs and in all temptations. “Come over here,” Satan calls. “It will be easier and more fun.” But Satan is and always has been and always will be a liar. Jesus calls us to stay steadfastly in His field following the way of His disciples as taught in His word. We don’t want to get distracted.
Dear Father, Help me to stay focused on the prize of Jesus. Amen


For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment