Friday, April 13, 2018

I Want to Be Wholly Yours


Now when Boaz laid down to sleep, Ruth quietly laid down at his feet.” Ruth 3:9
I always tell people that my beloved bride proposed to me. And, she really did, sort of. We were at a Christian meeting and a group was singing a song that soon became common for use at weddings. As they sang, she took my hand and said, “I want that song sung at our wedding.” I consider that a true proposal. I had shown great interest in her up to that point. We had seen a lot of each other. We had even kissed (once) and now she proposed.
Ruth’s actions toward Boaz were a simple proposal. You have cared for me. You are my kinsman redeemer. I am willing to accept all the love you have shown me and would like to become your wife. This is the attitude that the Church should take every day towards Christ. We are His bride, but do we want to actually act like it? Ruth did. Here again this young woman brings home to us the true calling of our faith.
Dear Father, Help us to truly desire to act like the bride of Christ. Amen.

  The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen
 

For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment