Thursday, March 13, 2014

And Forgive Us Our Sins


“In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins” Eph. 1:7 NKJV
What is the medical value of forgiveness?  The grace of God is a jewel bag of enormous worth.  That worth can be seen in an area like medicine.  Tens of thousands of people suffer physical symptoms related to guilt.  They seek hundreds of millions of dollars a year in medical attention to heal what medicine cannot heal.  The dollar cost of psychosomatic illness is astounding.
What amazing grace we find in this offer from God for forgiveness of sin.  At the cross of Calvary Jesus washed our sins away.  He carried them from us as far as the east is from the west.  Daily He offers to cleanse us from the sin that we commit.  The absolution that He offers is complete.  He cleanses us from “all unrighteousness”.  What astounding measure of grace it is that states, “I declare you not guilty.”  That is what God in grace offers us through the blood of His Son alone.   We can receive by faith the promise of forgiveness by God and rejoice in His grace.

Precious Father, Give me calm and confident peace in Your forgiveness today.  Amen.

You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy my new Gospel dog blog, The Gospel According to Molly Blog and my new Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe: An Alzheimer’s Blog” found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment