Monday, March 24, 2014

The Lord Is My Shepherd


I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep” John 10:14 NKJV
God is often depicted in Scripture as a shepherd.  One of my favorite passages is found in Isaiah 40:11, “He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.”  His compassionate care for the sheep of His pasture is clearly evident here.  Jesus said, “I know my sheep.”  He is intimately acquainted with us from both the standpoint of God and man. 
The work of a shepherd is exhausting.  Jacob said of this work, “In the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes.”  The psalmist tells us that the Lord neither slumbers nor sleeps but that His watch care is constantly over His children.  We have a blessed Lord who is our shepherd.  He knows us, carries us, feeds us and watches over us day and night.  We have such abiding comfort in just these five simple words.  We can rest in Him.

Precious Shepherd, Grant me the peace found in being a sheep of Your pasture.  Amen. 


You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy my new Gospel dog blog, The Gospel According to Molly Blog and my new Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe: An Alzheimer’s Blog” found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment