Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On Earth as It Is in Heaven


God, who made the world and everything in it, He is Lord of heaven and earth” Acts 17:24 NKJV
The jewel of this petition is a lockbox treasure for our minds and hearts.  While it often seems that the god of this world is firmly in control, the Bible assures us differently.  God is at work preserving the saints.  He is at work reaching the lost.  He is at work judging nations.  He has a divine will for this world and we beseech Him to fulfill it.  The scriptures assure us that God neither slumbers nor sleeps.  His watch care is certain and His power is active in heaven and earth. 
Most importantly, perhaps, is that when we pray for His will to be done we remember who it is who is praying.  We are praying.  We are His children.  We are asking for Him to reveal His will and power in us for His glory sake.  We are testifying of our submission to His divine plan.  We can make this petition very personal and say, “Thy will be done in me as it is in heaven.”  Then we carry this jewel of purpose with us all day long and let its radiance shine to all God’s creation. 

Precious Father, Help me today to be a willing vessel on earth of Your will in heaven.  Amen.   

You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
You may also find some of my selected daily devotions at http://blog.febc.org/
You may also enjoy my new Gospel dog blog, The Gospel According to Molly Blog and my new Alzheimer’s blog, “Taking Care of Joe: An Alzheimer’s Blog” found on my website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment