Thursday, April 5, 2018

It Can't Get Any Better Than This


And let fall some of the handsful of purpose for her.” (KJV) Ruth 2:16
We have arrived at my favorite verse in my favorite book of the Bible. In my book, The Gospel According to Molly, I wrote an entire chapter on this verse. This verse should bring tears to our eyes and a rush of unspeakable joy to our hearts. It is Jesus Himself saying to us, “I am leaving plenty for you, purposefully for you, food that is mine alone to give to you. I command the very angels of heaven to drop them for you.”
Boaz did not put the handsful of purpose in the bag for her. She still bent to the labor that was her assigned task. The provision was made by his grace. It became a reality as she followed his workers through the field. The apostles and prophets have given us plenty of food in God’s Word to pick up and nourish ourselves. We have no need to be hungry in body or in heart or in spirit, for God still leaves us handsful of purpose.  
Dear Father, Thank You for the generous provision You make for us. Amen.


For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net  

No comments:

Post a Comment