Monday, April 23, 2018

Revived


Sit still, my daughter, for the man will not rest until he has concluded the matter.” Ruth 3:18
Andre Crouch sang, “I don’t worry, I don’t fret, my God has never failed me yet. I’ve got confidence, God is going to see me through.” This was Naomi’s advice to Ruth in the early morning hours after Ruth’s meeting with Boaz. Two things stand out in Naomi’s comment. One for today and one for tomorrow.
Remember Naomi, the depressed and distraught woman of Ruth chapter one? Remember the woman who felt she had lost it all, the woman who wanted to change her name to “Bitter”? Remember the sad woman who, although she had a devoted daughter-in-law, felt that the future was hopeless? Look at her now!
Our times of misery, disappointment, yes, even anger at God do not have to be our defining moments. Misery, disappointment, and wondering where God is are part of our sinful human condition. But look at Naomi now! She has settled again in Bethlehem, the house of the bread of God, and her soul is revived. Praise God, she’s not where she was yesterday.
Dear Father, Refresh us in the presence of Your grace. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment