Monday, August 17, 2015

Gone, Gone, Gone, Gone, Yes My Sins Are Gone

The chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him.” Genesis 40:23
We were on a high school youth retreat and in a strange and large city. I got separated from the group and when I went to find them they were gone. It felt horrible to be forgotten. I have returned to that city many times in my life and the memory of that event never ceases to give me a chill.
While we hate to be forgotten there is one thing we would all like to have forgotten – our sins. No matter how hard we try to blot out the memory of some particular “great” sin in our life, or in the life of someone else, we just can’t seem to delete our memories. But God can. In Isaiah 43:25 God says, “I blot out your transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember your sins.” Being forgotten can be traumatic, but having God forget all our sins should make us ecstatic. Our sin the one thing we can truly say that we want God to remember no more.

Dear Father, Thank You for forgetting my sin through Jesus Christ. Amen. 



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by placing your email address on the sidebar to follow this blog by email. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book.
Visit us on Facebook at David Craig’s Books  

No comments:

Post a Comment