Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Little Compassion


On some have compassion, making a distinction.” Jude 22

     “I’m sorry, officer, I have an emergency to take care of at the hospital and I lost track of my speed.” Those simple words are a plea for mercy. We fell into the sin of speeding and it looks bleak for us. We know we are wrong and that the officer has every right to judge us, but we could really use his help and understanding.
     People fall into sin and we as believers have a couple of options. First, we can condemn them for their foolishness and turn our back on them for their shameful behavior. Or we can talk to them, love them, encourage them, and forgive them if they are repentant. We can restore them in the hope of Christ. Too often we are tempted by or enemy to turn our back. But that is not what Christ has done for us or we would all be hopelessly lost. Since we are all in the same boat of humanity, we need to have compassion on those who are imperfect like us.
     Father, Thank You for forgiving me and help me love and help others likewise. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment