Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Crux of the Matter


But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord, Jesus Christ.” Jude 17

     Here is the crux of the matter. Who is the source of our information? Is it the media? Is it our friends? Is it our neighbors? Is it the world in general? Who shapes our thinking? Who shapes our mood? Who shapes our desires? Who shapes our attitude toward life?

     In 2007 I suggested to my congregation that we fast from the news media for Lent. I made it simple. We could still read the local paper and we could still watch the local news at ten. But that was to be our news intake for Lent. As far as I know, I am the only one, beside by wife, who did that. It was so refreshing that I have kept it up ever since.

     What do we need to know about the world? God is in control. What do we need to know about tomorrow? God is there. We can’t change the sinfulness of mankind, but we can learn to trust or loving Father more.

Father, Let the words of Your Word give me peace each day. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment