Thursday, June 11, 2015

My Brother's Keeper

I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?” Genesis 4:9
My beloved bride and I have six children who are now all grown. When they were little we sometimes had to ask one of the older ones to keep their eye on one or more younger ones. What was their response? It was a lot like Cain’s answer when God asked him about his bother Abel. But, yes, since we were children, unless we were the youngest, we had to learn, “I am my brother’s keeper.” The powers that be have given me a responsibility and I must fulfill it.
Our responsibility to others does not diminish over time; it grows. Jesus told us in Matthew that we are to care for the sick, the naked, the hungry, the thirsty, and the imprisoned. Paul admonished us to bear one another’s burdens. Hebrews says to strengthen the hands that hand down. God doesn’t leave much doubt that He, the power above all others, has charged us to be our brother’s keeper.

Dear Father, Help me to see others as You see them, and care for them as You care for them. Amen.



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and sign up for regular delivery to your email account. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment