Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Blame Game or Honest Repentance

The woman You gave me, she gave it to me.” Genesis 3:12
Crash goes the lamp in the living room. You run in and find three completely innocent children sitting quietly on the couch. Each says, “Nobody did it.” Nobody takes a lot of blame in our lives. We have to blame someone and he is the easiest target. The blame game began in the Garden and continues today, but it doesn’t fool the parent and it doesn’t fool God.
A common liturgy says, “I confess that I am in bondage to sin and that I cannot free myself.” Paraphrased that means, “God, I broke all Your laws; yes, I did it. I need Your grace.” That is what we need to say about our wayward behavior, better known as sin. We should practice honesty with God who already knows the truth anyway. Our sin is not someone else’s fault, it is ours. But in our sin we can repent and confess and find the same grace God offered to Adam and Eve in the Garden. Thanks be to God.

Dear Father, I confess that I sin daily and I thank You for Your gracious forgiveness. Amen. 



Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and sign up for regular delivery to your email account. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment