Monday, June 15, 2015

Walking with God

And Enoch walked with God.” Genesis 5:22
I have a dog, Molly, whom I love, and I walk with her multiple times every day. Our walks are the focus of my book, The Gospel According to Molly, (Amazon.com) I love her and I walk with her. In those walks God has taught me so many beautiful truths that I share in that book. Now, imagine if I got to walk directly with God instead of my dog. What a greater blessing that would be.
Walking is a key idea in the Bible. God said, “This is the way, walk ye in it.” Paul repeatedly uses the term “walk” to describe our daily life with God. He speaks of walking in the flesh or walking in the Spirit, which would be walking close to the side of God. He urges us to make sure it is the spiritual walk that we seek, just as Enoch did. And what happened to Enoch. Two things: he was mightily used of God as a prophet and then he was not for God took him.

Dear Father, Give us focus for a steady daily walk with You. Amen.


Abundant Grace can be found at my website, www.davidccraig.net. You can subscribe to this daily devotion and receive it free M-F simply by choosing the Abundant Grace tab and sign up for regular delivery to your email account. You can also find Quality Christian Books on my website plus fundraising opportunities for your Christian organization or youth group.

Also check out our new options for publishing your Christian book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment