Thursday, March 8, 2018

It Changed Augustine

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.” Romans 3:14
This verse carries great historical significance for the early church. Saint Augustine sat in his garden reading the Scriptures when he heard this verse being read on the other side of the garden wall. Suddenly he understood. Christ is everything! Everything! He stopped toying with the idea of Christianity and committed himself to Christ and His service. Christ, not self, was to be the consuming fire of the believer’s life. It is what Paul said in Philippians, “For me to live is Christ” and again in Galatians “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me and the life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God.” Or yet again it echoes what Christ said in Gethsemane, “Nevertheless, not My will but Thine be done.” Oh, what power we would have if we let go and truly let Christ live through us.
Dear Father, Help me to surrender myself to You each day. Amen.



For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net  

No comments:

Post a Comment