Monday, March 12, 2018

Our Own Accounts

So then, everyone one of us shall give an account of himself to God.” Romans 14:11
I have a bank account. I have no idea how much is in my bank account because my beloved bride handles all banking. But while I could actually look if I wanted to, I could only look at my own account and not the one of the family next door. How much they have or don’t have in the bank is not my concern. They have to keep the accounts with the bank clear themselves. I am not in charge of their debts or prospered by their assets.
Paul tells the Romans to consider this principle and follow it. They were getting too busy with the other believers’ accounts with God to remember their own balance. When we watch others and ignore ourselves, our accounts often go quickly into arrears. Let us carefully consider our walk with God each day and remain concerned only with our own balance.
Dear Father, Help me to live for you and not try to live my neighbor’s life. Amen


For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net   

No comments:

Post a Comment