Friday, March 23, 2018

Questionable Evangelism


And Naomi said to her two daughters-in-law, “Go, return, turn again.” Ruth 1:8-11
Naomi has decided to go back to Bethlehem, which is literally “The House of the Bread of God”. Now her pagan daughter’s in law want to go with her. She says, “Go home.” She is not exactly the world’s greatest evangelist. On the other hand, she was not forcing them to make a decision they were not serious about. I stood on the front porch of a man with whom I had been sharing the Gospel and came to the point of asking if he wanted to pray and receive Christ. He looked back into the house then turned back to me and said, “Sure, whatever.” I asked him if he was paying attention to me or just being polite and get rid of me, and he said, “Get rid of you.” I said, “So you don’t believe anything we have been talking about.” He said, “Nope.” I gave him a tract and left. One of Naomi’s daughters-in-law turned back.
Dear Father, For those who have turned back, give them another call. Amen.

  The Friday Benediction
Until Monday, my friends, may the good God envelop you with His grace; may you prove the common confession of faith, “I believe in the holy Christian church and in the fellowship of the saints”, and may you be enriched with joy and hope as you exercise that confession this weekend.  Amen
 

For quality inspirational, educational, and fictional Christian books visit www.davidccraig.net

No comments:

Post a Comment