Wednesday, December 10, 2014

God Loves Our Singing - So Sing!

Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful.”        Psalm 33:1
I vividly remember my junior high music teacher calling me in after class one day and saying, “David, you just can’t sing. Frankly, you are no good at singing at all.” That was his response when I tried out for chorus. How do you suppose a junior high school boy would feel at that comment? Forget even trying to sing; you can’t do it now or will you ever be able to do it. That was a pretty harsh comment. Close your mouth and listen to others; don’t open it and ruin the music. I am very glad that God has a different approach.
He says that we are to make a “joyful noise”. Very often that is all that many people can really produce; but to God it is absolutely beautiful. That’s right! He says that the off key or tone deaf singing of His saints is beautiful music to His ears! We have a royal audience who has given us a command performance to sing for Him. He wants us to sing before Him in the assembly of the righteous (at church) and in the privacy of our own home devotions. He says that the “praise from the upright is beautiful!” Don’t hold back! Sing praise to God! Hallelujah, amen!
By the way, my junior high teacher was wrong. I went on to become a minister of music and soloist. It all came together after I became a Christian.

Dear Father, Thank You for giving me the invitation to sing Your praises in the congregation of the upright. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment