Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Let Me Not Be Ashamed

Lessons from Psalms: 21
Unto You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee; let me not be ashamed.” Psalm 25:1
We pray for many things every day. We pray for our daily bread and for our families. We pray for our nation and for our missionaries. We pray for the sick and for lost souls to be saved. This psalm introduces a topic that most people don’t pray for. David says, “Let me not be ashamed.” Whether we realize it or not the world is watching us every day. If they see us pull out of our driveways every Sunday headed for church, they might be very curious as to how that really plays out in our lives. David was concerned about that.
David had every right to be. His behavior with Bathsheba had brought blasphemy to God’s name. Nathan told David that his sin had given the enemies of God “great occasion to blaspheme.” (II Sam. 12:14) David’s conduct had brought shame to God’s name and to David as well. In Psalm 25 David asks God to help in his daily life to not be ashamed of his testimony before either God or man. That is quite a prayer lesson that we can appropriate for ourselves.

Dear Father, Let us so walk that we bring shame to neither to Your name nor ours. Amen. 



You can contact me and find inspiring Christian books at my website: www.davidccraig.net
If you don’t already subscribe to this blog, you can do so and receive it each day M-F by choosing the Abundant Grace section on my website and signing up for free delivery every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment